- I am a cocker spaniel from Egypt and I am approximately 8 years old
- I am totally blind but it does not hinder me at all, within a day I was finding my way all around the garden and the house and there are a lot of steps and stairs which I have now mastered,
- My hearing is fine andI can hear the fridge door opening from the next village!
- I follow my foster mum and follow her round all day like a shadow and love to snuggle up next to her on the sofa.
- I haven’t shown much interest in toys
- I was very underweight when I got here however I am putting weight on nicely now. I have to be on a special anti allergenic diet as I have intolerances to dairy, wheat and grains. I also enjoy a vegetable chew, which I can tolerate and I am partial to a bit of carrot.
- I currently live with three other dogs and get on with them fine although I don’t really play with them much, I prefer people so I would be happy to be an only dog.
- I am fantastic on walks. I walk well on a harness
- I’m not fazed by anything and will happily have a sniff and follow my foster mum as she keeps talking to me. She carries a little bell which helps me keep track of her, sometimes if I do not know where she is I can get a bit anxious. I do have some separation anxiety, and I currently sleep upsstairs with my foster mum and the other dogs.
- I am now house trained and I sleep through the night and have no accidents although sometimes I do need to go in the night
- I am extremely calm and gentle natured so I would be fine with dog savvy older children
- I am vaccinated, microchipped and I am being spayed at beginning of December when I have gained a bit more weight.
- I am currently in a foster home in the vale of Belvoir, near Grantham in Lincolnshire.
DUE TO THE HIGH COST INVOLVED IN RESCUING DOGS FROM EGYPT, THE ADOPTION FEE FOR HOPE IS £650
Interested in adopting this dog?
If you are interested in adopting this dog or any of our One Paws please fill in our interest form as the first step.
Dogs looking for homes
We have other rescue dogs looking for their loving forever home. Take a look.